The following services are provided by Beaufort County:
Couples are required to be physically present to apply for a marriage license at the Beaufort County Probate Court. An application cannot be taken by mail or by telephone, or fax, by one party only or by proxy. Offices hours for Probate Court (with respect to marriage licenses) are:
- In Beaufort, Monday through Friday (holidays excepted), 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- At the satellite office, on Hilton Head Island, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., by appointment only.
- Beaufort Probate Office: 102 Ribaut Road, Beaufort -(843)255-5850
- Hilton Head Island Satellite Probate Office: County Government Center South, 539 William Hilton Parkway - (843)255-5866
Beaufort County is responsible for the collection of property taxes for the Town of Hilton Head Island.
- Beaufort Assessor's Office: 100 Ribaut Road, Admin Blg Rm# 210, Beaufort - (843)255-2400
- Hilton Head Island Satellite Assessor's Office: County Government Center South, 539 William Hilton Parkway, Room #106, Hilton Head Island- (843)255-2425
Beaufort County has placed traffic cameras throughout the county. Follow the link provided to view live images.
Beaufort County residents may download a Voter Registration Application , complete it and drop it off, mail, fax, or email it to the Beaufort County Board of Elections and Registration:
Board of Elections and Registration
P.O. Drawer 1228
15 John Galt Road
Beaufort, SC 29901-1228
Fax: (843) 255-9429